Franklin county. Population, 1830, 1,897. Georgia lies 40 miles N.W. from Montpelier and 8 S. from St. Albans. First settled, 1784. The soil of Georgia is various but generally fertile. It feeds about 11,000 sheep. The Lamoille passes through the S.E. corner of the town, which with other streams, give it an ample water power. This is a place of considerable trade and some manufactures. Over Stone Bridge brook is a stone bridge,—a curious piece of nature's mechanism. Georgia is washed on the W. by Lake Champlain: the village is pleasantly located, and commands some very pretty lake and mountain scenery.