Franklin county. Bounded S. by Lamoille river: 37 miles N.W. from Montpelier and 12 S.E. from St. Albans. First settled, 1763. Population, 1830, 1,729. By Parmalee's and Stone's brooks, Brown's river, and the Lamoille, this town enjoys a good water power. The falls on Lamoille river, at this place, are singular and worthy of the traveller's notice. The land is generally level and of a good quality. A considerable amount of agricultural products is sent to market, and about 6,000 sheep are reared. There are some manufactures at the falls. Fairfax is a place of considerable business.