Chief town of Caledonia county. Danville village is very pleasantly situated near the centre of the town, and is surrounded by a beautiful farming country: first settled, 1784. Charles Hacket brought the first woman into town, in 1785. Population, 1830, 2,631. It lies 28 miles N.E. from Montpelier. Here is a medicinal spring; and Jo's pond, covering 1,000 acres, lies mostly in the town. Several tributaries of the Passumpsic give the town a good water power. This is a place of considerable manufactures and domestic trade.