Orleans county. This is a good township of land, and is watered by Barton's and Black rivers, two good mill streams, running north into Memphremagog lake. First settled 1800. Population, 1830, 728. The south part of the lake lies in Coventry, and gives it some trade to Canada. Here are about 2,500 sheep. Coventry lies 47 miles N. by E. from Montpelier, and has Irasburgh on the south.