Orange county. On the high lands between Onion and White rivers; 40 miles N. by W. from Windsor, 16 S. from Montpelier, and bounded by Chelsea on the S.E. It is watered by a number of ponds and springs, but has no important mill privileges. This is a fine grazing town, and feeds about 10,000 sheep. The products of the dairy are considerable. Here are some manufactures, and an inexhaustible bed of marl from which lime is made. The town was first settled in 1779, and organized in 1781. Population, 1830, 1,677.