Addison county. It is 25 miles S.W. from Montpelier, 11 N. from Middlebury, and 25 S.E. from Burlington. The town is mountainous; some parts of it, about the "Hog's Back" and "South Mountain," are unfit for cultivation. On the west side of the mountains is some fine land. About 2,200 sheep are kept here. Bristol is watered by New Haven river, Baldwin and Lewis' creek, and some beautiful natural ponds. Here is a good water power and some manufactures. Population in 1830, 1,247.