This is a pleasant town in Washington county, watered by Onion and Dog rivers, Stevens' branch, and a number of ponds, furnishing good mill sites, and excellent fishing. The land is somewhat broken but of strong soil and good for tillage. Considerable manufactures are produced in this town, and about 6,000 sheep. There is a mineral spring here of little note. First settled in 1786. Population, 1830, 1,664.—Berlin is bounded N. by Montpelier and E. by Barre.