Caledonia county. This town lies on Connecticut river, at the 15 mile falls, and opposite to Lyman, N.H. It has a good soil, and is an excellent farming town, with slate and iron ore. It lies 35 miles E. from Montpelier, 10 S. by E. from Danville, and 65 N. by E. from Windsor. Population, in 1830, 1,764.—First settled, about 1763. Many of the inhabitants are of Scotch descent. This town has a great water power on Passumpsic and Stevens' rivers. On the latter, are falls of 100 feet, in the distance of 10 rods. This water power is improved by three flannel and other manufactories. There are a number of pleasant and fertile islands in the river between this place and Lyman, and some beautiful ponds in Barnet, which afford fish of various kinds. This is quite a romantic place, and lies at the head of navigation on the Connecticut river. In 1835, the product of the farms, carried to market, amounted to $26,381. One farmer sold 3,000 lbs. of butter and 3,000 lbs. of pork. There are about 4,000 sheep in the town.