Alburgh [Alburg], Vermont
Grand Isle county. Settlements commenced here by emigrants from Canada in 1782. This town lies at the N.W. corner of the state and of New England; 10 miles N. from North Hero, and 79 miles N.W. from Montpelier. It is bounded by the waters of Lake Champlain, except on the north, where it meets the Canada line, in north latitude 45°. The soil is good and finely timbered. It has a mineral spring, of some repute in scrofulous cases. Population, 1830, 1,239.