Strafford, New Hampshire
Strafford county. This town lies 15 miles N.W. from Dover, and 25 E.N.E. from Concord, and is about 7 miles in length, 6 1/2 wide. Bow pond is in the S.W. part of the town, and is about 650 rods long, 400 wide; its waters form one of the principal branches of the Isinglass river. The range of Blue hills crosses the N.W. part of the town. The soil here is generally of a good quality. Strafford was formerly a part of Barrington and was incorporated in 1820. Population, 1830, 2,200.