Richmond, New Hampshire
Cheshire county. This town is 12 miles S. from Keene and 70 S.W. from Concord. It is watered by branches of Ashuelot and Miller's rivers, which fall into the Connecticut. The ponds are three in number, one of which is one of the sources of Miller's river. The soil here is favorable for yielding rye, wheat, Indian corn, and most of the productions found in this section of New England. The land is generally level. There are no remarkable elevations. Richmond was granted in 1752, and was settled within 5 or 6 years afterwards, by people from Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Population in 1830, 1,301.