Poplin, New Hampshire
Rockingham county, is 24 miles W.S.W. from Portsmouth, and 33 S.S.E. from Concord. There is a small pond in the N. part of the town called Loon pond; and the town is watered by Squamscot, or Exeter river, beside several small streams. The soil is generally of a good quality, and the surface of the town is not broken by high hills. Poplin was incorporated in 1764. The inhabitants are principally industrious farmers. Population in 1830, 429.