Madbury, New Hampshire
Strafford county, is bounded N.E. by Dover, S.W. by Durham and Lee, N.W. by Barrington. The soil of this town is generally productive. In some parts of the town, bog iron ore has been dug up in considerable quantities, and in some instances red and yellow ochre.—Bellamay bank river is the only stream of any magnitude, and Barbadoes pond the only considerable body of water. This pond lies between Dover and Madbury, and is 120 rods long, 50 wide. Madbury formerly constituted a part of the ancient town of Dover; but was set off and incorporated May 31, 1755, by its present name. Population in 1830, 510.