Lisbon, New Hampshire
Grafton county. It is 20 miles N.E. from Haverhill and 90 from Concord. It is watered by Amonoosuck river, running through the whole extent of the town, and by several smaller streams. There are several ponds, the most noted of which is called Mink pond, lying in the S. part of the town, affording mill seats at its outlet. The soil admits of three divisions; the meadows or intervales on Amonoosuck river, which are generally very productive; the plain land, of a light, thin soil, requiring considerable manure to make it productive; and the uplands, of a strong deep soil, which afford many good farms. Blueberry mountain is the principal elevation. Large quantities of iron ore and limestone are found here. Maple sugar is manufactured and clover seed is raised in considerable quantities. This town was called Concord until 1824. Population, 1830, 1,485.