Langdon, New Hampshire
Sullivan county. Langdon is 18 miles S.S.W. from Newport and 50 W. by S. from Concord. The principal village is 3 miles E. from Connecticut river, and 6 from Bellows Falls. A considerable branch of Cold river passes S.W. through the whole extent of this town, and unites with the main branch near the S. line. Langdon, named in honor of Gov. Langdon, was incorporated 1787. Its settlement commenced in 1773. Population, 1830, 667.