Landaff, New Hampshire
Grafton county. Its distance from Haverhill is about 12 miles N.E., and from Concord 90 N. by W. Wild Amonoosuck river runs from S.E. to N.W. through the S. part of the town. Through the north-westerly extremity passes the Great Amonoosuck river. Landaff mountain in the E. part, Cobble hill in the centre, and Bald hill in the W., are the principal elevations. The soil is fertile. Landaff was granted in 1764 to James Avery and others. Population, in 1830, 951.