Gorham, New Hampshire
Coos county, is a rough and unproductive township lying on the northerly base of the White mountains, and bounded E. by Shelburne, N. by Berlin, and W. by Randolph, and is 96 miles N. from Concord. Several streams descend from the mountains through this town into the Androscoggin. It was formerly called Shelburne Addition, but was incorporated by its present name June 18, 1836. Population in 1830, 111.