Danbury, New Hampshire
Is in the S. part of Grafton county, and lies in the form of a diamond. It is 16 miles S. by W. from Plymouth and 30 N.W. from Concord. This town is generally hilly, although there are some intervales. In the N.E. part is a large hill. The eastern section is watered by Smith's river. The first settlement was made in Nov. 1771, and incorporated June 18, 1795. Population, 1830, 786.