Coventry, New Hampshire
Grafton county, is 70 miles N.N.W. from Concord and 12 E.S.E. from Haverhill. This town is watered by branches of Oliverian brook and Wild Amonoosuck rivers. In the S.E. part of Coventry is Moosehillock mountain. Owl-head mountain lies in the W. part of this town. Coventry presents a rough and mountainous aspect, and the soil in several parts is not capable of cultivation. This town was granted Jan. 31, 1764, to Theophilus Fitch and others, and was settled after the commencement of the revolutionary war. Population, 1830, 441.