Bristol, New Hampshire
Bristol, in the S.E. part of Grafton county, is bounded N. by Bridgewater, E. by Pemigewasset river, and W. by Hill. It is 16 miles S. from Plymouth and 30 N. from Concord. The land is hilly, but has, in general, a good soil. Newfound pond, about 6 miles in length and from 2 to 3 miles in width, lies in this town and in Hebron. Its waters are discharged through Newfound river, a stream about 2 miles long and 100 feet wide, into Pemigewasset river. At the confluence of these rivers is a pleasant village, a cotton factory, and a number of valuable mill seats. Bristol was taken from Bridgewater and New Chester, and incorporated June 24, 1819. The first settlement was made in 1770. Population, in 1830, 799.