Alexandria, New Hampshire
Grafton county. A small part of Newfound lake lies in this town. Alexandria is 30 miles N.W. from Concord and 40 S.E. from Haverhill. Population, 1830, 1,083. Incorporated, 1782. On Fowler's and Smith's rivers and several other small streams are about 2000 acres of intervale land, which produce flax, potatoes and grass in abundance. Other parts of the town are favorable for wheat and maize.—This town was first settled by Jonathan, John M. and William Corliss, in 1769.