Middlesex county. This is a township of good land with a neat and flourishing village. It lies 14 miles W. from Boston, 9 S. by E. from Concord, and is watered by Stony brook. Population, 1837, 1,105.
The manufactures of the town consist of boots, shoes, leather, machinery, ploughs, chairs, harnesses, pottery ware, &c.: annual value about $60,000. Incorporated, 1712.