Middlesex county. The name of this town was East Sudbury, from 1780 to 1835. It lies on the east side of Sudbury river, and is bounded east by Weston. The surface of the town is pleasant; the soil is generally good, and contains some well cultivated farms. There are 4 forges in this town, and manufactures of chairs and cabinet ware; but the principal manufacture is that of boots and shoes; the annual value of which is about $25,000. Wayland is 16 miles W. from Boston and 7 S. from Concord. Population, 1837, 931.