Worcester county. This town was taken from Marlborough in 1727. It has a good soil, and is well cultivated by industrious and skillful farmers. It is watered by a branch of Sudbury river, and has manufactures of woolen cloth, boots, shoes, and straw bonnets: annual value, about $50,000. The Boston and Worcester rail road passes through this pleasant town. It lies 26 miles W. from Boston and 15 E. from Worcester. Population, 1837, 1,113.