Worcester county. There is a large pond in this town, the source of Burnshint river. This pleasant town was taken from Athol and Templeton, in 1786. It was called Gerry until 1812. The manufactures of the town consist of cotton and woolen goods, palm-leaf hats, leather, boots and shoes; annual value, about $75,000. It lies 58 miles N.W. by W. from Boston and 25 miles N.W. from Worcester. Population, 1837, 887.