Berkshire county. This township is on high ground, and is the source of some of the head waters of Farmington and Westfield rivers. These streams flow from several very handsome ponds. The surface of the town is uneven but the soil is productive, particularly of good pasturage. The manufactures consist of leather, boots, shoes, chairs, cabinet ware, lumber, &c. It lies 130 miles W. by S. from Boston and 15 S.E. from Lenox. Population, 1837, 1,077. Incorporated, 1793.