Franklin county. Orange lies 72 miles W. from Boston and 20 E. from Greenfield. Incorporated, 1783. Population, 1830, 880; 1837, 1,543. The manufactures of the town consist of iron castings, boots, shoe pegs, chairs and cabinet ware: annual amount about $40,000. Miller's river affords the town a good water power, and Tully hill a fine prospect. The soil is uneven, and better fitted for grazing than tillage. There is a pleasant village in the town, and a good fish pond.