Worcester county. Millbury was taken from Sutton in 1813. It lies 42 miles W.S.W. from Boston, and 6 S.E. from Worcester. Branches of the Blackstone river rise in this town, and the Blackstone canal passes through it. It is a very pleasant manufacturing place, with a valuable water power. There are 1 paper, 6 woolen, and 1 cotton mills; and manufactures of boots, shoes, leather, hats, scythes, spades, forks, hoes, ploughs, muskets, trying squares, levels, trowels, machinery, black lead, tin ware, sashes and blinds: total value, the year ending April 1, 1837, $566,150. Population, 1837, 2,153.