Norfolk county. Medway was taken from Medfield, in 1713. Charles river affords this town an excellent water power. There are 6 cotton, and 2 woolen mills in the town, 2 cotton wadding factories, and a bell foundry. The manufactures of cotton and woolen goods, boots, shoes, scythes, chairs, cabinet ware, ploughs, cotton wadding, and straw bonnets, the year ending April 1, 1837, amounted to $330,630. Population, 1837, 2,050. Medway lies 22 miles S.W. from Boston and 12 S.W. from Dedham.