Plymouth county. This town is watered by a branch of North river and several ponds. It was taken from Pembroke in 1820, and lies in the vicinity of large beds of excellent iron ore. The manufactures of Hanson consist of ship anchors and knees, nails, carriage springs, iron castings, leather, shoes, sawed boxes and shingles: total annual amount, about $70,000. Population, 1837, 1,058. It lies 24 miles S.S.E. from Boston and 15 N.N.W. from Plymouth.