East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Plymouth county. This town lies on a branch of Taunton river, and was, until 1823, a part of the ancient Bridgewater. It is 24 miles S. by E from Boston, and 17 S.W. from Plymouth. Population, 1830, 1,653—1837, 1,927. East Bridgewater has a good water power, and manufactured in the year ending April 1, 1837, $414,044 value of goods. The articles consisted of cotton goods, boots, shoes, leather, bar iron, nails, tacks, lead pipe, chaises, window blinds, sashes and shoe boxes.