Franklin county. This town is divided from Shelburne, on the north, by Deerfield river. It lies 100 miles W. by N. from Boston and 7 S.W. from Greenfield. Incorporated, 1767. Population, 1837, 1,445. A tributary of Deerfield river passes its northern border. The manufactures of Conway consist of cotton and woolen goods, leather, boots, shoes, hats, chairs, and cabinet ware. Total amount, year ending April 1, 1837, $22,475. The value of wool grown, the same year, was $5,072, comprising 4,830 fleeces, weighing 14,490 pounds.