Middlesex county. This town is watered by the Concord and Shawsheen rivers, and has a pleasant village on high ground, near the centre. Its soil is good and well improved. The Middlesex canal and the Boston and Lowell rail road pass through the easterly part of the town. First setled, 1653. Incorporated, 1655. Population, 1837, 1,498. Here are some manufactures of woolen cloth, boots, leather, wooden ware, straw bonnets, shaving and splitting knives, bed binding, soft soap, and spirits. Billerica lies 18 miles N.W. from Boston, 7 S.S.E. from Lowell, and 7 N.E. by N. from Concord.