Franklin county. This town was first settled in 1754, and, until its incorporation in 1764, it was called Huntstown. Population, 1837,—1,656. This town is on elevated land between Deerfield and Westfield rivers, to each of which it sends a small tributary. It has small manufactures of leather, scythe snaiths, spirits and essences, and about 8000 sheep. It is 105 miles W. from Boston, 12 S.W. from Greenfield, and 15 N.W. from Northampton.