Cumberland county. Windham lies on the N.E. side of Presumpscut river, which separates it from Gorham. It is 76 miles S.W. from Augusta and 14 N.N.W. from Portland. This is a valuable farming town, and the inhabitants are principally employed in agriculture. Branches of the Presumpscut give the town good mill privileges. There are 2 pleasant villages in the town, some manufactures, and several beautiful fish ponds. Population, 1837, 2,207.