Kennebec county. Wayne lies N. of Leeds, and is situated a little below the centre of a chain of beautiful lakes or ponds, whose outlet, which passes through the town, falls into the Androscoggin. The centre of the town is about 4 miles east of the Androscoggin and 16 W. from Augusta. The surface of the town is undulating, and the soil fertile. It was incorporated in 1798. Population, in 1837, 1,170. Wheat crop, same year, 3,268 bushels.