Waldo county. This territory was called Joy from 1812 to 1826: it was then called Montgomery, and was changed again in 1827, to its present name. If these Trojans are fickle about the name of their town, they are good farmers, and produced in 1837, 9,194 bushels of wheat. The surface of the town is undulating and fertile; a large part of it is covered with heavy timber. It is watered by a branch of the Sebasticook, from which river it lies about 6 miles S.E. It is 39 miles N.E. from Augusta and 25 N.W. from Belfast. Population, in 1830, 803; 1837, 1,140.