Penobscot county. This town is bounded N. by Exeter, and S. by Etna and Carmel. It is 63 miles N.E. from Augusta and 18 W.N.W. from Bangor. It is watered by branches of the Sebasticook and Sowadabscook, which rise here. It was incorporated in 1831. Population, 1830, 114; 1837, 437. The surface of the town is undulating, and the soil excellent. Wheat crop, 1837, 3,704 bushels.