Cumberland county. Minot is a large and excellent township of land with three very pleasant villages. The Androscoggin passes its eastern border and Little Androscoggin separates it from Poland, on the S. This is one of the most flourishing towns in the state. Although agriculture is the chief business of the people of Minot, yet its water power is so valuable, that manufactures of various kinds are springing up with promising success. Minot is connected with Lewiston, across the Androscoggin, by a bridge. It lies 33 miles S.W. from Augusta and 35 N. from Portland. Population, in 1830, 2,908; 1837, 3,326. Incorporated, 1802. Wheat crop, 1837, 7,266 bushels.