Somerset county. This township lies on the E. side of Kennebec river, 34 miles N. from Augusta, and bounded S. by Norridgewock. It was incorporated in 1804. Population, 1830, 1,272; 1837, 1,608. It is watered by a beautiful pond, the outlet of which is at Skowhegan. There are three pleasant villages in the town:—the people are generally husbandmen. The best compliment that can be paid to the soil is that it produced, without any extraordinary effort, 10,188 bushels of wheat, in 1837.