Penobscot county. This is a very large town, more than double the common size. It lies on the E. side of the Penobscot, at the mouth of Matanaucook river, there is a pleasant and flourishing village, 45 miles N. by E. from Bangor and 114 N.E. from Augusta. Lincoln has recently been incorporated, and possesses a soil of remarkable fertility. Population, 1830, 414; 1837, 1,045. Wheat crop, 1837, 4,263 bushels.