Washington county. Taken from Jonesborough in 1836, and is bounded N. by Jonesborough, E. by Englishman's bay, S. by Mispeeky reach, and W. by Addison bay and harbor. This place has an excellent harbor, and is finely located for ship building, the fisheries and coasting trade. It lies 138 miles E. by N. from Augusta and 16 S.W. from Machias. Population, 1837, 581.