Penobscot county. This is a large township of good land, in which the Piscataquis and Seboois rivers form a junction: at the mouth of the former, about 50 rods from the Penobscot, are several saw mills. The banks of the river are low and very beautiful. Howland was incorporated in 1826. It lies 117 miles N.E. from Augusta and 34 N. from Bangor. Population, 1830, 329; 1837, 507.