Lincoln county. Georgetown is constituted of two considerable islands lying at the mouth of Kennebec river on the W., Sheepscot river on the E., and separated from Woolwich on the N. by a navigable passage between those two rivers. It is a little below Bath, on the opposite shore. This is one of the most ancient settlements in Maine. The town was incorporated in 1716. Population, 1837, 1,355. It lies 46 miles S. from Augusta and 12 S.W. from Wiscasset. This town has excellent harbors, and possesses peculiar privileges for all occupations connected with navigation and the fisheries.