Piscataquis county. This town is situated on the north side of Piscataquis river opposite to Dover. The soil of the town is capable of producing all the varieties common to the climate. A part of Sebec pond lies in the north part of the town. In 1837, 5,574 bushels of wheat was raised. This is a fine section of country for the growth of beef and wool. Foxcroft was first settled in 1805, and was named in compliment to the Hon. Joseph E. Foxcroft. The village, with an academy, is very pleasantly located on the bank of the river, and has the appearance of prosperity. Foxcroft lies 77 miles N.N.E. from Augusta.—Population, 1830, 667; 1837, 907. Incorporated, 1812.