County town of Franklin county. This very beautiful town lies 29 miles N.W. from Augusta, and is watered by Sandy and Little Norridgewock rivers. At the union of these rivers are excellent mill privileges, and a delightful village, the seat of justice. Farther up the Sandy, about 5 miles, is another beautiful village, the seat of a flourishing academy. The soil of Farmington being of a superior quality, the inhabitants are induced to devote much attention to agricultural pursuits; yet it is a place of some manufactures and considerable trade in lumber and other merchandize. The agricultural products of Farmington are various and valuable. In 1837 it produced 12,406 bushels of as good wheat as ever grew on the banks of the Ohio. Incorporated, 1794. Population, 1837, 2,507.