Piscataquis county. Bounded N. by Piscataquis river, S. by Garland, W. by Sangerville, and E. by Atkinson. It lies 77 miles N. by E. from Augusta, and about 35 miles N.W. from Bangor. Incorporated, 1822. Population, 1837, 1,042. Dover is the shire town of this new county, and remarkable for its beauty. It produced, in 1837, 10,290 bushels of wheat.