York county. On the S. side of Saco river, and connected with the town of Saco by a bridge. The town extends down the river to the sea, and includes a point of land called "Fletcher's Neck," off which are several small islands; on one of which, Wood Island, is a revolving light. This is a good township for agricultural pursuits, and coasting trade, ship building, and the fishery. It lies 38 miles N.E. from York, 15 S.W. from Portland and 69 S.W. from Augusta. First permanently settled, 1630. Incorporated, 1718. Population, 1837, 2,278. See Saco.