Washington county. This town was incorporated in 1797. Population, 1837, 901. It lies 14 miles W. by N. from Machias and 135 E. by N. from Augusta. Addison lies between Pleasant and Indian rivers, and near the south entrance into Mispecky reach. Addison Point, or Cape Split, jutting out into the sea, off which are several small islands, is the principal harbor and place of trade.