New Haven county. This is a small town, watered by a branch of Naugatuck river, 22 miles N. from New Haven. Population, 1830, 843. The town was incorporated in 1796. The territory was formerly a parish in the towns of Farmington and Waterbury; and from that circumstance was alled "Farmingbury." The lands in Wolcott are elevated, rough, stony, and hard to cultivate. One of the highest hills in this part of the state lies in this town: it commands a very extended prospect of Long Island Sound and the adjacent country.